Since 1971, EuroGeoSurveys has supported the Geological Surveys of Europe in actively collaborating to provide European Institutions with expert, neutral, balanced and practical advice on pan-European geoscience issues including:
- The management of subsurface resources, including energy, minerals, water and soil
- The identification, monitoring and mitigation of natural geohazards
- Environmental and waste management, and land-use planning
- Sustainable urban development and safe construction
- The development of and access to interoperable, harmonised and open geoscientific data on a European scale
To celebrate 50 years of geoscience in Europe, EuroGeoSurveys is holding an event to celebrate their achievements and experiences of the past and present, and highlight the path towards a sustainable Geological Service for Europe.
Videos of the event
Pictures of the event
Listen to podcasts
Eleftheria Poyiadji, EuroGeoSurveys Chair of Earth Observation and Geohazards, explores her experience and thoughts on collaborative European geoscience.
Gregor Goetzl, EuroGeoSurveys Chair of GeoEnergy, discusses the role of GeoEnergy in the energy transition.
Guri Venvik, EuroGeoSurveys Chair of Urban Geology, explores the strength of shared language, understanding and knowledge in geoscience.
Klaus Hinsby, EuroGeoSurveys Chair of Water Resources, explains the importance of groundwater research.