The EuroGeoSurveys Directors and Delegates met during the 53rd EuroGeoSurveys General Meeting held between 25th and 26th October 2022 in Brussels. The Directors’ Workshop was held on the topic ‘Forum on the World Community of Geological Surveys: Shaping the Earth of Tomorrow’ with a number of high-level speakers and leaders from the international network of Geological Surveys.
The programme consisted of the following:
- Dr Steve Hill – Chief Scientist of Geoscience Australia: Building tomorrow’s connection and trust to sustain the value of geoscience.
- Dr Daniel Lebel – Director General, Geological Survey of Canada: Canada’s contribution to global geoscience common goals.
- Dr Enrique Castellanos – Vice President, Association of Iberoamerican Geological and Mining Surveys: Linking geoscience in Iberoamerica: The role of ASGMI.
- Dr Young Joo Lee – Secretary General, Coordinating Committee for Geoscience Programmes in East and Southeast Asia (CCOPS): Activities of CCOP across borders and beyond history toward a safe and sustainable Earth.
- Dr Rokhaya Samba Diene – President, Organisation of African Geological Surveys (OAGS): Elevating geoscience in the public discourse.
- Dr Dave Applegate – Director, US Geological Survey (USGS): The role of geological surveys in diversity, equity, and environmental justice: a USGS perspective.
- Professor Ralph Watzel – President, EuroGeoSurveys (EGS): Linking geoscience and policy. The transcript of the EuroGeoSurveys President Professor Ralph Watzel’s speech is available here.
Watch the session recordings on the EuroGeoSurveys YouTube channel: