Expert Groups, drawn from EGS member surveys, collaborate on research on a wide range of geoscientific topics
EGS engages in a broad range of outreach activities, independently and partnering with other organisations and the public across Europe and worldwide
The work of EGS and its members delivers on our own SRIA goals, as well as European Directives and EU Sustainable Development Goals
EGS and its members provide a wide range of resources about the work they do and the impact of geoscience on society
- About us
- This event has passed.
EGS 50th Anniversary
October 27 - 09:00 › 17:00| Hybrid
To celebrate 50 years of geoscience in Europe, EuroGeoSurveys is holding an event to celebrate their achievements and experiences of the past and present, and highlight the path towards a sustainable Geological Service for Europe.
Since 1971, EuroGeoSurveys has supported the Geological Surveys of Europe in actively collaborating to provide European Institutions with expert, neutral, balanced and practical advice on pan-European geoscience issues including:
- The management of subsurface resources, including energy, minerals, water and soil
- The identification, monitoring and mitigation of natural geohazards
- Environmental and waste management, and land-use planning
- Sustainable urban development and safe construction
- The development of and access to interoperable, harmonised and open geoscientific data on a European scale
To watch the livestream event 0n 27th October, or download the programme or brochure, please go to the 50th Anniversary page