The 2022 EU-Latin America Convention on Raw Materials will build upon the work done in previous years and raise the political profile of the Partnership. The 2022 Convention will take place on 3 and 4 November 2022 in Santiago, Chile, and brings together the mineral raw materials value chain community, including policymakers, industry, the private sector, and research and innovation, from the EU and Latin America under the overarching theme of Mineral Raw Materials for the Clean Energy Transition.
The Convention will include a high-level (political) session on day 1 and panel sessions on days 1 and 2, which will address the following 8 themes:
- Analysis of critical raw materials for the energy transition
- Opportunities in the EU industrial alliances and EU external cooperation action
- Mobilising investment in sustainable critical minerals value chains – global trends and policy actions (co-organised with the International Energy Agency)
- Upstream raw materials for the energy transition: exploration & mining
- Downstream raw materials for the energy transition: refining, battery manufacturing & recycling
- Synergies between raw materials and green hydrogen production
- Sustainability, traceability & standards
- Earth observation for raw materials (co-organised with the European Space Agency).